Monday, August 6, 2012

Is Anybody Out There?

Sorry for the delays in my posts here; its been a hectic week. Even this post, I'm putting up only moments before going to bed. I've been at the computer all day, wrestling with code and audio files.

I do have a quick question for anyone listening, however. What am I doing wrong?

I've posted the backstory, concept images, and even a playable prototype of The Glow on a handful of forums out there, yet I'm not getting any feedback on it. Not good, not bad; just nothing.

I know, the obvious answer is "your idea must suck, and people are too nice to say anything". Well first, if you've been on the internet for more than a week, you'll know that people aren't "too nice" for anything. Second, other games, providing less information and visuals, have received twice the feedback in half the time. Some of this is good, some bad... and some very bad. So people obviously have no issues with providing feedback. So what is it?

Granted, my posts have gotten few new friends and followers on forums, Twitter, etc. (and I appreciate every one of you). But never receiving comments or replies tends to make me feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

This whole project is fueled  by feedback. If you have some, let me hear it. If you don't tell your talkative friends about it! For that one person out there who's reading this post; you are the sole reason I'm doing this project.

On a more technical note, I've completely redesigned most of the first level, implementing some of the new graphics provided by Brady. I've also put in a few bug fixes which increased my framerate 5x. Of course, per the norm, with every fix comes three new problems. It seems my updates tend to be along the lines of "Hey, look what I broke!"

Our iOS game is on the verge of being submitted for approval. This is a much needed step, as I am completely broke. If I actually start making money, I don't even know what I would do with myself... maybe go out for a cup of coffee?

Well, the lines of code are blurring together at this point, so I best get to bed. I hope to hear from you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. well i cant give much feedback if i don't know anything about it other than what i remember from when i worked with you phil. i want to play it.

    ReplyDelete