Saturday, August 11, 2012

Grounded


Of all the issues I've struggled with (and conquered), its frightfully annoying that I'm getting hung up on something as simple as the jump code. Despite the fact that I wrote the original code, I've made two attempts now to rewrite the code to act just a little differently. Apparently this is beyond my ability, as I've had to revert my code and lose days of work.

 

While there was a small glimmer of hope that another programmer was interested in lending a hand to the project, they haven't gotten back to me beyond initial contact. So here I am, pushing forward on my own yet again.

I've found it useful to tackle minor issues when something like this happens. For instance, I've got some basic structure put in to handle unlocking new levels. At least then I can feel like I've accomplished something (however small), and I'm still encouraged to continue working tomorrow. I would like to note, however, that adding in something like "fog of war" is not one of these "simple" tasks... don't do it.

It also helps that some people on the various forums I visit have expressed their support and interest in the game. Those comments really are worth their weight in gold to an indie developer. It's why we do what we do. So please, let me know your thoughts! I love feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment