Monday, July 30, 2012

You Can't Integrate Halfway

How much do you sacrifice for convenience?

I am a huge fan of Google and all of their various services. They have some great tools for project management, they have a very handy calendar, their services integrate perfectly with my Android phone and even this blog is, of course, through Google.

However, I have my own email through my company site, and I read that email via Outlook on my desktop. I also have a Google+ account, but most of my social networking is done through Facebook.

So, while all of the Google integration is great, it quickly falls apart if you skip these key services and punch major holes in its continuum.

I suppose that's why Apple fans manage this so well. If you have Apple products, you don't get any other choices. So, whether you like it or not, you use all of their services which happen to also be integrated.

I'll make some sacrifices for convenience, but sorry Apple, not that much.
As to progress, things are moving forward. I've almost got level 1 put together (with handfuls of placeholder art). I showed it to Bonnie's (my fiance) son today. He was very encouraging, proclaiming that it was the coolest game he had ever seen. Ah, my adoring fans.

I've also been taking some time to work with another programmer. He's in the process of porting one of my games to iOS. It's nearly finished! Now, I just need an iPad and $100 for an Apple dev license... right. My life savings currently totals 34 cents. You need money to make money, I guess. If you'd like to show some support, feel free to donate with that little PayPal button on the right. :)

I have a schedule planned out, complete with deadline (using Google Calendar, if you're interested). If I can manage to hit the mark on just a few more dates, things should be much easier for me and the fam in just a couple of weeks.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment